Many representatives of the stronger sex and their partners are interested in the question of whether diabetes and male potency are related. At the moment, patients with diabetes mellitus can get rid of the disease, using modern methods of erectile dysfunction treatment.
Diabetes and male potency
We can say for sure that diabetes affects potency. If you believe statistics, about one-fourth of men who suffer from diabetes have potency disorders. As you know, diabetes affects the work of blood vessels.
- Due to the fact that the blood circulation is disturbed in the body, the penis is not filled with blood during sexual arousal – this causes a weak erection, and the sexual intercourse can not be prolonged.
- The effect of diabetes on potency occurs due to the fact that the disease affects the hormonal balance and the level of testosterone. And as you know, the normal functioning of the reproductive system depends on testosterone exactly.
- There are various negative consequences of a strong increase or decrease in the glucose level. If there is a sharp drop of the blood sugar level, this negatively affects the work of the centers of the brain. Thus, the disease provokes a prolonged ejaculation or complete absence of ejaculation. Such a violation of the necessary nutrition of the brain often provokes lack of sexual desire.
- In turn, increasing blood sugar level helps slow the work of nerve endings that lead to the penis. As a result, the sensitivity of the scrotum, perineum and head of the penis decreases. Also, the high amount of sugar in blood lowers testosterone level.
Erectile dysfunction treatment for diabetes
There are various erectile dysfunction treatment options. You can increase potency in diabetes mellitus or completely get rid of the problem of erectile dysfunction in various ways.
- First of all, this is compensation of diabetes and prevention of its complications. In this case, the patient should stop smoking, control his weight, normalize the cholesterol metabolism, stabilize blood pressure.
- After this, it is necessary to eliminate erectile dysfunction psychological causes, because often the patient has chronic stress, which is necessary to get rid of in order to restore potency.
- In severe types of erectile dysfunction, doctors can suggest a surgical method of treatment. In this case, the patient haws to undergo a microvascular surgery that allows to restore normal blood supply.
Erectile dysfunction drugs
The most common method of erectile dysfunction treatment is medication. These can be restorative drugs, sex hormones or phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors (PDE5 inhibitors). Usually, these are preparations containing Sildenafil (Viagra), Vardenafil (Levitra) or Tadalafil (Cialis). These drugs are considered the most effective and often used together with traditional methods of ED treatment.
Levitra’s action lasts 4-5 hours. Vardenafil is excreted from the blood for 3-7 hours. Therefore, the erection will be strong without taking the medication for additional 5 hours.
Cialis is a FDA approved drug with the duration of 36 hours (the result of clinical studies). Tadalafil starts acting in 40 minutes, but can be absorbed more quickly if the medicine was taken on an empty stomach.
You may buy ED drugs online at an affordable price. Check out the benefits of Viagra, Levitra and Cialis today!
The influence of diabetes on potency is inevitable, but the correct treatment of both diseases can restore potency and make you happy again!